Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 15 -- The Sexy Pizza Hut/ New bike!

Our small group that didn’t go to Xi’an split up today. Half of the group –the three girls (Amanda, Wendy, Mira) – went to the amusement park with Hong. I was exhausted that morning and had to read another 60 pages that my professor sent me via email for the following day (when I would start working in his lab). So, Brad, John, and I went to Pizza Hut for lunch and it was amazing!! Pizza hut is a pretty high-end place in China! It's nothing compared to the pizza hut's in America!! They have unique pizza toppings and the restaurant itself is really stylish, and sort of pricey.. :P

I chilled for a little bit after lunch, when my graduate mentor called me up and said he found a bike for me! I quickly ran to meet him and got a decent bike to rent for 45 yuan per month at Tsinghua University!! W00t w00t!! Then he and another grad student invited me out to dinner. We ate at one of the 10 cafeteria’s on Tsinghua’s giant campus. It was fun! My mentor was really funny haha. We kept asking each other how to say words in our different languages lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment