Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 12

I woke up early today and dressed up to meet my professor at 10AM! So I had to miss language class to catch a cab to Tsinghua =(…It was a journey to find the Life Sciences building…Tsinghua is HUGE! I took a 40 minute walk inside to get to the Life Science Building, and it wasn't because I was lost -- I actually guessed the right direction haha. So I met my professor and we were both surprised as he swung open the door to invite me in his office lol -- He was kind of short and I am…kind of tall haha. We talked and exchanged some laughs. He was really cool. He introduced me to all the students and doctors in the lab. After that they all gave me a welcome lunch at a pretty nice restaurant on campus!! I love the lab members. They all seem very intelligent, but fun at the same time. My mentor and a couple other grad students also helped me look for a bike after lunch -- we failed to find a decent priced bike -- but the search will continue! It was also funny when one of the girls in the lab thought I was a grad student haha and my professor responded “Nooooo…he is only a BOY…a big boy.” Hahaha…the look on her face was priceless. =D!

No comments:

Post a Comment