Friday, August 14, 2009

5th week of research (7th week in China)

Research, research, research :)
Of course there's always time for fun! Transformers 2 was amazing!! I saw the movie with Wendy one night -- we got student discounts somehow and saw it for 40RMB :). This week the lab seems more empty - it seems like everyone's going on vacation soon and one by one the lab gets smaller haha. I've also been going to so many places around China!! My professor asked my grad student to take me to different places and let me experience Beijing! We went to yuanmingyuan park -- such a beautiful and serene setting :). And Qianmen was amazing! It's a long road with stores/restaurants/buildings on each side! So many people come there to visit! They have a lot of famous Beijing snacks and food! We had Peking Duck at a really nice restuarant there!! IT WAS SO DELICIOUS!! Since that day, I've made the PEKING DUCK my favorite dish in Beijing!!! ^_^ We also went to many of the shops and I bought a few gifts for family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment