Friday, August 14, 2009

10th week in China -- Final week :'(

I'm still packing my stuff -- I brought a lot of gifts back to America lol and now I have no space for my clothes -- great. lol. This week I went to Silk Market again to do some last minute shopping for souvenirs and other stuff :) I must say that my bargaining skills have improved A LOT since I first came here lol -- I always go for 10% of the price they ask for hehehe -- of course it takes forever to shop, but in the end i got some sweet deals :)
It's hard to say good bye to everyone in the lab. I'm really going to miss them and I hope that I get another opportunity to come back and possibly continue more work with them -- I believe this collaboration is essential for research communication between China and America! It truly has been a blessing to work here and I cherished every moment! I really thank God for this opportunity to be in the program and do some amazing research with my group in Tsinghua University! And I also thank UofM and NSF, w00t w00t!

P.S. I'm going to miss the amazing Beijing food, the two large flat screen TVs, and the housekeeping ladies coming in every morning smiling and talking to me in Chinese even though I have no idea what they are saying and I think that they figured that out too lol. BYE BYE CHINA!!! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment