Saturday, July 4, 2009

Week 1 of research

This week was all practice for the formal experiment. Being my first biology research project I've ever done, I had some mice that I could practice handling, catching, and injecting (ip, iv, po). I always eat lunch and dinner with my lab members. And we the culture is really cool!! I love the communal eating!! I don't know if I stressed this enough previously lol. And everyone seems really kind and extremely polite. Everyone has really good manners! :D

Also I finally unlocked my old phone since the cheap phones we bought here suck lol -- mine broke the second day...it cost under $20 though -- so not a big loss lol...

Also the labs are very...hmmm...how do i say this...lacking in safety procedures and animal ethics. I can go more in detail in this in private -- but for right now, that should keep you wondering what happens in the lab lol....For instance, gloves are supposed to last for one week. Hardly anyone changes gloves and sometimes they don't wear gloves. I've been really thankful though that ALL my lab members are very nice, friendly, and funny. We discussed movies together – American and Chinese films…prison break is really popular here although I've never seen a single episode of it. The food at Tsinghua is awesome!!!! Not only that but it's so cheap too!!! – lunch and dinner is around 7-10 yuan for each meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment